FreeXperia project has once again made it possible for a number of Ericsson Android phones to enjoy the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. Xperia Live Walkman is one of the few devices that can now experience AOSP Android 4.1.2 (CyanogenMod 10). You can easily install Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean on Xperia Live Walkman WT19i / WT19a on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with the easy tutorial below.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to update Xperia Live Walkman WT19i / WT19a to CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with complete steps and instructions. Make sure you backup all your data as given in the tips below. You need to have ClockworkMod recovery installed in order this ROM. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We,or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
What’s Not Working:
- Lots of features.
Make sure you have installed all your for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Live Walkman to connect it with the . Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need USB debugging . This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Xperia Live Walkman WT19i / WT19a to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware
We have put together a step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Live Walkman WT19i / WT19a to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with One-Click Root. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Xperia Live Walkman, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your Xperia Live Walkman and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Just To Remember:
- This root method tutorial is only for Xperia Live Walkman WT19i / WT19a and I am not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Xperia Live Walkman on other carriers.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- Make a Nandroid (or any) backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Xperia Live Walkman on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 4.1.2 ROM zip and Google Apps files to your SD . Make sure the files are in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 - Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing the Volume Down repeatedly.
Step 6 - In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.
Step 8 -Now using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 4.1.2 ROM that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation should start now.
NOTE: Repeat this step for the Google Apps zip file as well.
Step 9 - After the installation , go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Xperia Live Walkman WT19i / WT19a should now have CM10 Android4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone .
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.