CyanogenMod is one of the most popular custom ROMs that delivers the freshest custom-baked ROM to various Android devices. The Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T) is one of those lucky devices. You can enjoy pure yet modified Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your phone by flashing this custom ROM. The CyanogenMod team has released nightly builds for the phone. Since these are still nightly builds, expect a few things to be not working properly with this ROM.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T) to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10 (official nightly).
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T), model. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T) with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following files:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the CyanogenMod 10 nightly build and GApps package to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home, and Power keys until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the CyanogenMod 10 nightly build ROM ZIP file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
- In a similar way, flash the GApps package in the same manner as steps 8 and 9.
- Return to the main menu and select Reboot system now to reboot your phone.
Yooopeee!! You have updated your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T) to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean by flashing the CyanogenMod 10 nightly ROM.