Jelly Bean is for a of , including Xperia Ray ST18i / ST18a. Android 4.1.2 can be downloaded as a CM10 custom ROM. CyangeonMod 10 team and the FreeXperia team have worked hard on bringing Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Xperia Ray. You can easily install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CM10 on Xperia Ray ST18i / ST18a with the tutorial given below. You will need to have ClockworkMod recovery before.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to update Xperia Ray ST18i / ST18a to CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with complete steps and instructions. You will have to backup all your data as this tutorial describes you to do a full data wipe. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
What’s Not Working:
- Lots of features. This ROM is still WIP (work in progress).
Make sure you have installed all your for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray to connect it with the computer. Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC.
2. Your should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Xperia Ray ST18i / ST18a to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CM10 firmware.
on how to update Xperia Ray ST18i / ST18a to Android 4.1.2 CM10 custom ROM. If you are used to custom ROMs on your Xperia Ray, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your Xperia Ray and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Just To Remember:
- This Android 4.1.2 tutorial is only for Xperia Ray ST18i / ST18a and I am not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Xperia Ray on other carriers.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- After installing this, your phone will not be detected by Sony , because you will be installing a custom ROM.
- Make a Nandroid (or any) backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 - and mount your Xperia Ray USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 4.1.2 ROM zip and Google Apps files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 - Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing the Volume Down repeatedly.
Step 6 - In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power to it.
Step 7 - Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 8 -Now using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 4.1.2 ROM that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
NOTE: Repeat this step for the Google Apps zip file as well.
Step 9 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Xperia Ray ST18i / ST18a should now have CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
You can follow the original project page for and latest CM10 builds.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the to your problem.